What did you do in your garden today?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Started out at daylight seen my Boston Ferns hanging in middle of the driveway. So I was taking them to the shade.
Son comes out what you doing? Putting my Ferns in the shade they can't handle sun. Oh that was only temporary. Yea kind of like my Lawnmower setting out and it is to rain.

Then I watered stuff in pots outside.

Cut my wife some Lemon Balm to dry.

Sowed some more Butterfly Milk Weed.

Watered stuff in the Greenhouse and Raised Beds and Elephant Ears.

Weeded two 4X10 Strawberry Beds and watered them. They are Everberring so I hope to get some Strawberries.

big rockpile

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Cut my wife some Lemon Balm to dry.
What does she use it for? I grow it beside the path where it will get brushed and smell good, but never came across a use for it.
My perpetual strawberries are still bearing flowers, but the fruit isn't ripening, they are in buckets so I have stuck one in the greenhouse to see if that helps.
Started dealing with the ash from my fire, I had left it in the wheelbarrow under the oak tree and the rain had damped it down a bit, so not the usual necessity to mask for the clouds of dust, got a fair bit of burnt clay to crush there as well as the wood ash, a good barrowload of soil improvement.
Found my greenhouse heaters and sorted them, put a little bit of heat in with my sweet peppers, chillies, and the last of the tomatoes.
Hoed a bit, finished off the last of the plum tree's prune, cleaned up where I had peas last year and put some strawberry runners in buckets, topped up a few pots with fresh compost/manure mix, things like lilies that have died down in them.
Definite Autumn feel to the day yesterday.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
That invasive plant that I think smells like washing up liquid must be lemon balm. It established itself at the back of a border and I keep pulling it up. The tomatoes in the greenhouse are still growing strongly - no sign of any blight. Will lift some more potatoes on the veg plot this afternoon. One variety has been badly damaged by slugs. The other ones seem mostly OK.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well started out the day straighten out on my Worms.

Everything was going good until I went to get Castings out then they all escaped but left Cocoons. Went looked yesterday had baby European Nightcrawlers.

Today I went through got about 500 Worms in their New Home.

Got about 80 pounds of Castings.

Put some Castings around my Tomatoes and Peppers.

Picked Green Beans, Peppers and Okra today.

Did some watering.

big rockpile

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Split a good ripe chilli for the seed, 50 seeds in it.
Watered greenhouses a bit.
Had a box of leeks I had failed to plant out, dug out two tomato buckets that were finished and planted three leeks in each, I'll fill them as they grow, hopefully. They have been left a bit long, but if you don't try nothing happens.
Did some general clearing up, hoeing, and weeding, nothing strenuous. Sat in my shed a fair bit re-reading "Rivers of London", it's been a while since I read it. Ben Aaranovitch, an easy name to find in any alphabetically based system, and, like a lot of people with foreign sounding names, a Londoner born and bred, I know the places he writes about well.

Ask a Question