What did you do in your garden today?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I accidently bought hot pepper plants instead of Bell peppers. I suppose it was the signage got mixed up and I don't like hot things. So, I picked them all and gave them away, pulled the plants up for compost and that was that.

When it cools down this evening I must get to mowing.
Dreading it !!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Moved some plants out of the Greenhouse to be sold.

We had a drawing and they won BBQ outfit. I gave them a Boston Fern.

Weeded the Herb Bed. Smelly Job.

Dead Headed the Butterfly Bush and Compost and Mulched, did the same with an Elephant Ear that decided to come up.

Watered inside plants.

Fed my Worms.

My wife was telling me not to over do it and she had been cutting Firewood.

big rockpile

Reaction score
Country
United States
I took about a week off of checking for pests my mistake because several aphids are all over my chamomile smh, the blooms smell so sweet and apple like.. the pests love them too.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have some 'rogue' beans I planted thinking they were some sort of french bean. They have started twisting and climbing, so I built a frame for them. When I had finished I picked up the spare bamboos and turned, the end of the bamboo caught something I think, anyway I lost balance and staggered onto a bed with wire over some brassicas to stop pigeons, got my foot caught in the wire, and fell. Sore hip, sore thumb and a skinned elbow.
I also watered greenhouses and hoed some.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have some 'rogue' beans I planted thinking they were some sort of french bean. They have started twisting and climbing, so I built a frame for them. When I had finished I picked up the spare bamboos and turned, the end of the bamboo caught something I think, anyway I lost balance and staggered onto a bed with wire over some brassicas to stop pigeons, got my foot caught in the wire, and fell. Sore hip, sore thumb and a skinned elbow.
I also watered greenhouses and hoed some.
I'm sorry to hear that you bunged up your hip. Join the club !! 😆 I' ve messed mine up backing up with my push mower and tripping over the wall at the side of my steps. Did that yesterday.

Today I weeded a wheelbarrow full of weeds out of my shade garden.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
Mostly, just, "maintenance."

Pruned wisterias

P1020139.JPG

Mowed the lawn. Got it all done before it rained.

P1020136.JPG

But I did sort out both hedgehog houses. Neither are occupied at the moment, although we get at least three that visit for the food I put out, as I've caught them on one of the trail/cams.

I cleaned out both houses, sprayed them with Nutradol to remove any smell of previous occupants and added fresh hay.

The one near the doorway in the fence was a pain where it was, as the rhodos which have grown, made it difficult to access and if I wanted to put food near it when it was raining, I got wet from brushing past them and the quince on the fence.

So I moved it to near the tea-house. I had to make the food inaccessible to neighbours' cats.

P1020137.JPG

P1020138.JPG

I can put the food in under the roof with the retriever the hospital gave me after my hip replacement operation fifteen years ago.

Despite the black spot, we've still some nice roses.

P1020140.JPG

and the Acer Palmatum Taylor, which was looking a bit sick earlier in the year, is doing very well.

P1020141.JPG

Reaction score
Country
United States
Got Worm Castings guess some Worms escaped.

Had a Big Planter full of Marigolds told my wife they looking well I bet they are Root Bound. Sure as heck they were.

So I put New Soil and some small plants in it.

Planted some Cabbage and Zinnias.

Topped two of my Cannabis and fertilized it.

I'm so weak I'll bet it's the Cemo. Thinking of quitting it and just do Herbs.

big rockpile

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
No gardening apart from some watering in greenhouses, Glaucoma clinic, train to London bridge, bus to Hoxton , and back. All fairly busy, I saw no-one else wearing a mask, we are in a wave worse than last winter's one. Don't they mind getting ill and suffering long term damage? Had to take it off to put my chin on the scanner, otherwise my n95 stayed firmly in place.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
It's been rather wet. I managed to cut the lawn in the front garden yesterday, but it's quite small so didn't take long. Then spent some time reorganising the shed.

Our mimosa continues to impress, "it must like its new less restricting unobtrusive support post."

P1020163.JPG

Reaction score
Country
United States
I forgot yesterday I clean picked one patch of Green Beans and Compost the plants.

Thinned my Okra. Planted White Turnips and Cabbage.

Today wanted to get some done before it rained.

Planted Potatoes and Marigolds.

Got my Son to put some panels for some Squash and Sweet Potatoes.

big rockpile

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey I did do something today!

Soaked some Cardboard put it down then some Straw. Got two rows of Green Beans and two rows of Okra.

Cultivated rest of the garden while my Son cut half Winters worth of Firewood trying to find a Copperhead he seen.

big rockpile

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Today in my garden, I tackled some much-needed weeding and trimmed the hedges. I also set up a new bird feeder to attract more wildlife. After finishing up, I decided to clean the windows to get a clearer view of my garden. I reached out to Window Cleaning Resource for some tips on the best products and techniques, and their customer service was incredibly helpful and responsive. They provided great advice on keeping my windows spotless.

Ask a Question