Our gardening diaries - from latest toys, flowers to wildlife .. Please upload pics

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning to all.. A bit cold outside and I have let the water from the butt go, hopefully, it will be replenished when it rains.. I will believe it when I see it.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
@alp I see you were up early today. I was up the same time, but didn't get round to saying good morning. Good morning all. It was raining this morning, but the water butts are full. I seem to have strained muscles in the backs of my legs in the inner thigh area. Trying to weed in the front garden,2 days ago. At the moment i still can't stoop down enough to do it, i have to bend more from my waist. But it will pass.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Dahlia finally opens

SAM_0414.JPG

Very excited about this big one - think it is a dinner plate! - YEAH DINNER PLATE!
SAM_0415.JPG

Ismene Festalis 2 PERFECT flowers
SAM_0411.JPG
SAM_0410.JPG

With a delicate fragrance..

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Shame that we have new aches and pains every day, @Logan ! I had hair dye on the floor - didn't want to look so run down for my son's big day! Now, the fold behind my ear is still weeping .. Better not go there, or we will have to rename this thread aches and pains for gardeners! .. Actually, we need such a thread!

Didn't sleep well as the Ebac was so noisy, but the air was sooo foul! Very sunny here. I wish I could have your water. Get well soon, @Logan

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
@alp thanks. Still love your flowers. I don't like a lot of noise when I'm trying to sleep. People have their bedroom windows open in the night, but i can't,too noisy. Try some sudocrem for your ears. It's a antiseptic cream for babies really, but it's good for any skin irritation. I use it on the dogs/boys. When Bracken was very young he used to have a skin irritation on his tummy where he didn't have any furr. It's very good.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Harlow Carr.jpg

Good Morning @alp and @Logan the "earlybirds"...been admiring all images on the forum from afar on sketchy internet connections sure brightens up a gloomy day...Yesterday we were in Goathland (for those of you who remember the "Heartbeat" TV Series) on the North Yorkshire Moors then on to Whitby where we spent tea-time in a harbour restaurant eating Fish n Chips in full summer sunshine...cant wait to get home to fit the front step...it will be a chore though and I will need a hand for sure. Today I have to myself so I'm off to Tong Garden Centre again to empty whats left in my pockets....lol

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
The last one is also my favorite - Sieboldii. I bought some seeds from the internet and was surprised they didn't look like sperms with tails. Asked another forum and they turned out to be wood chips. It was hilarious .. I got a refund .. but just tell you what you CAN get from fleabay!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
@tbendl You mustn't send me anything please. I will feel so indebted to you that I will want to send you something in return.. I will buy them in ebay .. only 99p. Already in the basket.. I saw them when I was very young, but never realised how beautiful they were until you showcased them here.. You jazzed up the thread.. and cheered me up no end..
Oh my goodness this just made my day, you are so sweet! I will see if I can find the directions for growing them from seed. Some people use a dremel to open it and then set it in water, I think someone on the garden pond site has done it so I'll see what I can find out for you. :)
@alp I see you were up early today. I was up the same time, but didn't get round to saying good morning. Good morning all. It was raining this morning, but the water butts are full. I seem to have strained muscles in the backs of my legs in the inner thigh area. Trying to weed in the front garden,2 days ago. At the moment i still can't stoop down enough to do it, i have to bend more from my waist. But it will pass.
And Logan, Weeding and gardening is probably the best rehab you can do. :)
And BigC, wow! How lovely the gardens are where you're at.

I am taking the day off from yard work. I got all the caulking done in the sunroom and every single wall and window cleaned, including the ceiling. I ache in places that you just don't talk about around nice folk. :eek: I'm hoping to go out on a boat to dinner tonight, (we have a lot of restaurants with a dock so you can sail to dinner) with some friends that I'm so looking forward to and I do get to try and hang curtains and twinkly lights this weekend which tickles me, I love the decorating part!
I hope everyone has a splendid weekend!

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
@tbendl hi. Yes I agree,i think that's what got me through a lot of it. Yes that's where i ach. Have a good time on the boat. I've only been on one once. When i was working at littlewoods store, the company did this party on a boat on the river seven at Worcester. When i was married to my 1st husband,i took him with me. I wished i went by myself. I'm going to see my friend keith tomorrow, he's the one with the MS.Have a good weekend too.

Ask a Question