Our gardening diaries - from latest toys, flowers to wildlife .. Please upload pics

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Stone from the Motherland...Front Step (second pallet on left)....Bye Eck it weighs a bloomin ton luv...lol..BTW we've been to the RHS Garden at Harlow Carr today....and Betty's Tea Rooms lol

sml rock.jpg

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning Yesterday was so breezy. One minute I was wilting in the heat in Nando. I had to fan myself with a menu. Chicken was moist but unbearably expensive. We argued about which eatery to go to. Ex put down his foot as i insisted on going to Dobbies. It was a huge place, serving food and selling bread.. and prices were huge too. Saw loads of streptocarpus and saw gold dust, aptly named as they had a tongue of yellow.

There were flashes of lightning and rolls of thunder, but no serious rain. It started to rain when we were on our way back just around 9pm.

Son won a prize £40 Amazon voucher .. we were all very pleased.

@BigC Hope you make sure your axle is safe under the boulder .. Nice landmark to your house .. Add a bit of charm ..

Can't wait to see your photos, @BigC

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning everyone....a lot quieter today than yesterday.....no wind but rain is forecast later. Checked for damage to plants in yesterday's gales but apart from adjusting a few supports plants seem ok. A very tall delphinium was cut back as it would have been battered.....it will flower again soon anyway.
In a nearby village, Coverack, horrendous thunderstorms have wrecked the place. People rescued from their rooftops, roads washed away. 4" of rain in a very short time is unstoppable. :(

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, quite a horrible night .. I had to go out in the middle of the night, probably 3 or 4 am amid flashes of lightning, rumbles of thunder and rain to put the extended hose to where they should be. Turned out to be very little rain with a lot of horrible noise.

Saw in the online paper that an elderly couple got winched to safety.. How frightening was that, for all involved?

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Some lovely things I saw in Dobbies and Gillingham

An interesting indoor plant
SAM_0366.JPG

Some very strange looking delphiniums
SAM_0369.JPG
SAM_0367.JPG

a splendid dahlia
SAM_0370.JPG

An agapanthus with big florets
SAM_0380.JPG

A butterfly on a viburnam
SAM_0382.JPG

Streptocarpus show
SAM_0361 - Copy.JPG

Could be Nerys
SAM_0360 - Copy.JPG
SAM_0364 - Copy.JPG

Gold dust

SAM_0358 - Copy.JPG

Could be Caitlin
SAM_0359 - Copy.JPG

Plat du jour
SAM_0374.JPG

Attachments

• SAM_0362 - Copy.JPG
    SAM_0362 - Copy.JPG
    127.4 KB · Views: 134

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Just watched inside the factory, where they made tea. From the growing and picking to the end. It was really good and informative.
Details of the programme on programmes to watch thread, yesterday.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning all.. Got up very late - just now and it's so cold. Some raindrops on the window pane and it's all overcast!

Ask a Question