Our gardening diaries - from latest toys, flowers to wildlife .. Please upload pics

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning folks :)
Yep BigC, we are all being drenched a bit at the moment. Sun is shining and it feels warm for the moment but showers never far away :(

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, it's very easy. I have done my white ballerina and lavender ballerina lavenders, but couldn't find my rooting hormones. I tell you, it's amazing that I can find ANYTHING, as I have things everywhere.

I have also done some hydrangeas. I never liked hydrangeas, but no longer.. the serrated white one rather tugs at my heart's string .. I need to do salvias whilst I am at it.

@Logan but you don't need to do it as you have tons of lavenders.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
@alp you shouldn't need rooting hormone powder. The white ones with serrated edge are nice. That's nice of you to say that, but my lavenders are very woody and need replacing. Only until I've got good plants to replace them with. I've been doing some card making at friends took my glasses off and forgot to put them back on.:ROFLMAO: Have to get my other friend who is his carer to bring them to me. I don't need them until i need to watch TV and when I'm out walking.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ageee, rooting powder/gel is not necessary with lavendar. Often rooting hormone REDUCES rooting probability where it is not necessary. :)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@Verdun Thank heavens I couldn't find it. Do you know what makes good compost for helleborus being potted up, rather than leaving them to ground please?

@Logan Did you have a good day chez Keith? Several times, I walked out of Prezzo without my glasses. Thank heavens I couldn't go far without them. Such an handicap!

When I was young, I so wanted to be short-sighted as I thought those wearing glasses seemed to be clever and more academic. How wrong was I?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya alp :)
For hellebores use a john innes compost and plant a little deeper in the pot

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
What number of JI should I use, @Verdun ? Thank you so much for the prompt reply!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you, @Verdun ! Went out to do some shopping and thank heavens avoided the rains.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
@alp yes thanks, hubby disided to get my glasses for me in the end. He didn't really want to go because OH knew that friend /keith, would get him to sort his emails out. When he told keith that he had to get in touch with Sky. OH told him that other people were having trouble with them.
Just watched the second episode of In The Dark. On BBC 1 9pm Tuesday, catch up on iPlayer
IMG_20170722_211407.jpg

It's very good.

Last edited:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning, @Logan and others .. Very cold last night and wondered if summer had gone. When someone in the Tatton Flower show talked about the show being for LATE SUMMER, I nearly burst into tears! LATE summer? Where's early summer or mid summer? The way shops and businesses anticipate the change of seasons and times is rather brutal.. All the fertlisers in shops have gone and made way for school returns. For goodness sake, school broke up the day before yesterday!?

CBox: I was told that Sky's customers' services were no good. Tell your friend to consider Virgin and BT now has some very competitive packages. Even Plusnet can be quite good. But stand firm over prices. Or just tell them to threaten to leave if they didn't sort it out.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@Logan Finally, got to see the final of Top of the Lake.. Why do they have to have so many sex scenes .. a policewoman romping in the forest .. I ask you???!!! The ending is quite dramatic .. I will watch this In the Dark.. You know when a series finishes, you do have withdrawal symptoms. But whilst watching it, you feel you're wasting your life .. not that much goes on in mine..

Ask a Question