Our gardening diaries - from latest toys, flowers to wildlife .. Please upload pics

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Good Morning all. I had another lotus blossom this morning
2017-07-19 06.45.59.jpg
2017-07-19 06.46.21.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
My water lilies do, (well most of them) but my lotus buds come up over 2' out of the water!
How are you Logan?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
It's still raining. No thunderstorms, that's a shame,i like them.

Me too! It really clears the air (it's really humid here at the moment) and they're fun to watch from indoors :)

We so rarely get them in Manchester.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
My water lilies do, (well most of them) but my lotus buds come up over 2' out of the water!
How are you Logan?
I'm not too bad, knee's slowly getting better. Got the brace off,i can bend it more. Go to the hospital gym a week on Friday.Thanks. How are you and Hubby?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
He is doing much better. Has a follow up with a cardiologist today so I'm hoping that goes well. I've just been busy with this silly sunroom. A plan to decorate has turned into a full renovation it feels like and I'm trying to get it all done before my daughter leaves for college early next month.
I'm so glad the brace is off, my daughter had to wear one for months after a knee surgery and she hated it! I hope rehab is gentle and helps you make a full recovery!!

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
@tbendl that's great news about your hubby.
Yes the brace isn't very nice, especially in the hot weather. Physio not too bad, thanks she was surprised when i went on the bike that i could turn the pedals, but i don't understand why i have to stand on one leg then close my eyes. I've got a conservatory,i only use it for plant growing. At the moment it's got cucumbers and chillies in it. Why did your daughter had to have knee surgery?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
She shattered her patella playing volleyball her freshman year. Took almost 3 years of rehab and surgeries to get it (mostly) fixed. She still has occasional issues with it but that will be lifelong.
That is weird that they are doing balance. Was it the bad knee that they had you stand on?

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@tbendl Thank you for cheering me up. I'd would to grow some of these beauties.. Stunning and breathlessly holy!

Been doing the grout for 2 hours and my left leg had adhesive all glued on it.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I hope you're not going to fall into the pond taking the photo of the lotus .. Such purity and perfection. Thank heavens the pond won't be too deep.

Wonder if I can grow it from seeds. I will never have the money to buy the plant..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I hope you're not going to fall into the pond taking the photo of the lotus .. Such purity and perfection. Thank heavens the pond won't be too deep.

Wonder if I can grow it from seeds. I will never have the money to buy the plant..
Some people have. They buy the seed from a hobby shop. They have instructions on how to crack it open and plant it. If I get seeds I can send you them. :)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@tbendl You mustn't send me anything please. I will feel so indebted to you that I will want to send you something in return.. I will buy them in ebay .. only 99p. Already in the basket.. I saw them when I was very young, but never realised how beautiful they were until you showcased them here.. You jazzed up the thread.. and cheered me up no end..

Ask a Question