3: Gardening Diaries ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
The BBC has to put on the Winter Olympics early in the morning, because it's live. They show highlights in the evening for the people who have been to work. It's not just Gardening programmes, like A Place To Call Home, they've put homes under the hammer on BBC2. Next week EastEnders has been moved around for Rugby.

Indeed but we also get shelved for the snooker during the warmer months and the hour long episodes are only a new addition for Monty mid season. I find the Olympics far better to stream, watching exactly what you wish to find on demand

Reactions: alp

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Indeed but we also get shelved for the snooker during the warmer months and the hour long episodes are only a new addition for Monty mid season. I find the Olympics far better to stream, watching exactly what you wish to find on demand
You can watch the Olympics on stream but they're only there for a short time, I watched the figure ice skating on saturday. They have to show sports and something's got to be shelved. It used be the same when they cover Wimbledon,but last year they showed GW as well.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Been out for solid 2 and a half hour of work and had to come in for lunch and also because of the rain. Glad that we ignored the weather report and started cracking on the job very early on.

Need to tweet to the BBC to vent our fuuuuuuuuuury!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Afternoon all , its been raining most of the morning, most of the snow gone but the rain starting to turn back to snow :rolleyes:.

Are you working in the garden Alp?

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Been out for solid 2 and a half hour of work and had to come in for lunch and also because of the rain. Glad that we ignored the weather report and started cracking on the job very early on.

Need to tweet to the BBC to vent our fuuuuuuuuuury!
:D Yes we might as well ignore the weather forecast. It is raining a bit, but not a lot.:D
I've been doing my sewing,nearly finished,do a pic later hopefully.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sowed a few more seed and potted up some ranunculus tubers , try and fit what I want in the propagators now. Brought some pelargoniums into the house from the GH see if they start growing, think I've lost them though. I don't know why I didn't bring them inside before winter.
I fancy growing some autumn fruiting raspberry this year but where to put them, I want a kiwi plant as well, may try growing them behind the shed next to the neighbour fence.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
I've finished my sewing
IMG_20180213_151725.jpg

It fits perfectly.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I popped in to you know where & picked up some Dahlia Bishop of York tubers (yellow) & a couple more Pulmonaria Blue Ensign for the shade, the shade of blue is spectacular. I try to swing by the GC at least once a month, as stock is always changing. They didn't have any 9cm Heleniums so I will either click and collect (but I need a max of 6) or use Perki's recommendation. :)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Afternoon all , its been raining most of the morning, most of the snow gone but the rain starting to turn back to snow :rolleyes:.

Are you working in the garden Alp?

Yes, and I am so tired. In the morning 9 to 11.30 and in the afternoon 1.30 to 4.30. So glad that son helped. The trouble is that the clay made the whole garden difficult to walk in and we have shifted tons of soil and I even improvised a pathway.

We scavenged for shingles and it was hilarious as shingles is always a dead weight. We were trying to lug it out of a couple's house. The lady was ill and her hubby was ill - sad reflection of old age - and she was so nice, apologising that she couldn't help. But to tell the truth, we were happy to get some without having to pay. In the end, after a lot of trauma, we got 3 bags and today it came in handy. And that made me very happy.

Tomorrow, I will take some pics to show our dodgy handiwork! Don't expect it to be the standard of Colin's works of art!:LOL: By hey, I am very happy.

We had rain from 11.30 to 1pm so everything worked out fine.

Shame that you lost your Pelargonium. They are so tender. Here, I can take risk with mine. I left out in the my hottest spot And it flowered very early. I think it is a pelargonium, not a geranium. Will show it when they flower. Next thing is to put more on the rockery and put the little rocks to make it look pretty.

That's a very pretty top, @Logan ! Is there no end to your talents?

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Once a month, @Mark56 ? I go to these nurseries nearly every week. In fact, the lovely lady at orange logo diy check out knows me by sight and is always accosting me to buy her reduced plants. 20p for a dying orchid as the pot cost that much. I didn't care it was dying. Felt sorry for the kalanchoe, disregarded even by this desperate scavenger!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
How long did it take you to finish the whole garment, including cutting please, Logan?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I know just what you mean @Logan . I use to make most of my clothes....before the kids came along!, and I often had a ' worrying ' bit to tackle. But as with you, it usually worked out OK:)

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
How long did it take you to finish the whole garment, including cutting please, Logan?
It's a multi sized pattern.I had to cut out my size from the paper pattern.
a couple of hours at at a time About 10 hours altogether, every time i sewed a seam i pressed it with the iron. So the seams would be flat to sew again.The iron board and iron is upstairs, out of the way of the boys. Up and down the stairs all the time. It's good exercise though.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question