Foodie thread

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
No. Would that be hollowed out cherry tomatoes? Sounds like it would go good over rice.
Not hallowed out cherry tomatoes. and good over pasta. Get a shallow baking pan, I use my caste iron skillet. Get a bar of Feta cheese, put in center of pan, take a basket of cherry tomatoes and just pour them out around the cheese, I also add several garlic cloves and cubed eggplant. Put in oven, 350 for about 45 mins. Take out, stir about add cooked pasta to it and gently mix. Eat.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I really like to eat especially fruits and vegetables from the garden. Also, I really like fast food, and probably because of that, I have improved quite a lot. I found the article https://betterme.world/articles/30-day-fasting-challenge/ and now I will try to lose weight through fasting or intermittent fasting. It looks very interesting to me and I know that many people lose extra pounds thanks to this type of diet

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
So, tried the feta bake and was disappointed. Very watery.

But also might have brought up a solution to our inability to make scratch made tomato sauce. Theory is something about the freeze and thaw process brings out the acidity in tomatoes or knocks down the sugars.

If we get tomatoes from the garden this year, we might try doing very fresh sauce. Previously we were picking so many tomatoes that we didn't have time to can them. So we would chunk and freeze until fall then try making sauce.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
So, tried the feta bake and was disappointed. Very watery.

But also might have brought up a solution to our inability to make scratch made tomato sauce. Theory is something about the freeze and thaw process brings out the acidity in tomatoes or knocks down the sugars.

If we get tomatoes from the garden this year, we might try doing very fresh sauce. Previously we were picking so many tomatoes that we didn't have time to can them. So we would chunk and freeze until fall then try making sauce.
Really, watery, how, mine never is. Did you only put the feta cheese in it. Not the fluid around it? Mine actually is very thick, I even add pasta water to thin it out some.

BTW, I keep the brine part that the feta cheese comes in, in a jar in the fridge, when I have enough of the brine liquid I use it to marinate raw chicken in it for 24 hours.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
It's the same problem we have whenever we use frozen tomatoes. Flavor was good, texture was not.

Might try it again with fresh tomatoes.
Try making it as usual in the oven ---but in a caste iron skillet. then when done, and the juices are there, put on top of the stove, and toss in half cooked pasta, let it finish cooking , low heat, lid on , then the pasta will absorb the liquid.

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
I'm always on the lookout for delicious new recipes and foodie tips! Recently, I've been trying to balance my love for good food with healthier choices. Anyone else in the same boat? I've also heard about Wegovy, which can help with weight management. You can buy wegovy online, but always consult your doctor first.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
I just learn to read ingredients, and incorporate good natural food in my day. I am blessed to live around lots of Amish, getting fresh stuff.
I have always chosen healthier choices, well maybe not always, how about past 40 years. Like I have not been to a McDonalds in 40 years.

Mystic Moon Tree

Herbalist, Gardener, & Permaculturist
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b to 8 unique microclimate
Country
United States
Peppers ultra pot to pan pizza recipe.

This is simple to make on a day you don't feel like making a big meal. Because you cover up the meat it's basically vegetarian 😂

Start with some greens from the garden. I am using baby spinach, chives, and some strange looking leaves I found growing at the side of my garden.. and mozzarella to shred:

View attachment 97969

Then take out the frozen pizza:

View attachment 97970

Then add the shredded cheese and garden greens, and other herbs and spices you like and drizzle with some homemade herbal oil:

View attachment 97971

Then bake at 450 until perfection has been achieved:

View attachment 97972

Enjoy! And don't make any plans to go out for the evening lol 😂
I am allergic to strange little leaves. Lol. I have never seen that option. I think I will stick to my own homemade pizzas, but enjoy.

Mystic Moon Tree

Herbalist, Gardener, & Permaculturist
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b to 8 unique microclimate
Country
United States
If
Don't feel too bad, I only have 3 tomatoes to pick so far, no pickles yet. My spinach and the first planting of lettuce have bolted.

My wife gets leftover tomatoes from work right now. Not very nice ones either. But we're looking at ways to use them.

Spinach, lettuce, beets and carrots were all planted back in Marc

Anyone hear of this? or grow it.
I have lovage. Its a new addition & it tastes pretty good.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
20240720_173409.jpg
made yello beet sou with smoked chicken sandwich
20240720_173302.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Can't see how it types on my cell so it's yellow beet soup.

. Really good, have to write down what o did for next time. Two yellow beets cubed put in chicken stock , one bay leaf, one carrot cubed, tablespoon of purred ginger, dollop of peanut butter, one onion, simmer till soft, add big dollop of sour cream, salt. Use immerse to blend

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
For anyone who lives in Chester County, PA. few days ago finally made my first visit to Shady Maple Market. Wow. So over whelming, amazing variety . If your curious, found lots of video's about it on You Tube.

Ask a Question