Foodie thread

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I think I've mentioned it before but I do borscht, a brothy beet soup. Time consuming so I make big batches and can it.

But this time of year, hot soup doesn't seem appealing. Mid to upper 80s all week, ugh.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I'm guessing looks like red velvet cake?

Momma loves to bake and we'll have a couple beets from the non garden this year. Care to share?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
I'm guessing looks like red velvet cake?

Momma loves to bake and we'll have a couple beets from the non garden this year. Care to share?
its a little more dense than red velvet cake. And I don't make red velvet cake with "food coloring" I use the liquid from cooking beets for it. Be honest, if you just google--- Heartbeet cake it comes up. that is how I found it. I took it to work one day, no one could tell there was beets in it. Its really good.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Since we're not doing an official garden this year, tomatoes have been coming in manageable amounts. So, last weekend I tried sauce from scratch with fresh tomato.

Yep, the freezing definitely changes the flavor and texture. So now we need to be ready to process tomatoes as they come.

As for zucchini, I like them on the smaller side, like a salad cucumber. I'll even eat them like cucumbers.

And, the local farm markets are hitting their stride. We typically buy seconds of peppers and tomatoes. We don't get hung up about bruises, scars or misshapen, it's all getting chopped up anyway. But, getting cases of bell peppers or Roma for 5 bucks means we can be picky. Corn is hit and miss on deals vs quality.

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Trying to lose weight can be challenging, but finding the right approach for your lifestyle makes a big difference. Whether it's through diet, exercise, or a combination of both, it's important to stay motivated and consistent. If you're considering additional options, some people have had success with weight loss medications like Wegovy. You can buy Wegovy online, but always consult with a healthcare provider to ensure it's suitable for you.

Ask a Question