Foodie thread

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
That sounds delicious, Esther. Speaking of bananas, I'm going to try bananas jam and banana ketchup. The ketchup was invented towards the end of WWII in the Philippines, due to a shortage of tomatoes and it's very popular there now - especially to serve with Lumpia.
mmmm I love banana bread one of my favourite things to bake, banana jam I have never heard of on the other hands that quite interesting

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Banana bread is also my favorite. I'm on diet and it's the only sweet thing that I can eat. I’ve also been trying out various food supplements and health products to balance my diet better. I found direct digital reviews particularly helpful in choosing the right products. Their detailed insights into the effectiveness and quality of different supplements really made a difference in my choices.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Banana bread is also my favorite. I'm on diet and it's the only sweet thing that I can eat. I’ve also been trying out various food supplements and health products to balance my diet better. I found direct digital reviews particularly helpful in choosing the right products. Their detailed insights into the effectiveness and quality of different supplements really made a difference in my choices.
I am always on a diet.. LOL. Focus on increasing protein, that keeps you full for a long time. But you do have to treat yourself to something now and then as a reward, but make it a small amount. And of course veggies, eat lots to those. Just ran across "salad" I make its so simple but I love it. Just Romaine, a squeeze of lemon all over, drizzle of good olive oil, a sprinkle of parm cheese. and toasted almonds. Love it. Use the whole head of romaine.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks for sharing this. I recently contacted post houston customer service. They have their own large vegetable garden and I would gladly like to visit it. It looks really cool on me. Has anyone been there? What are your impressions? I know that they take vegetables from that garden to prepare dishes for events

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Speaking of foodie stuff. Mommas been working on perfecting Sloppy Phils.

Kinda like a Sloppy Joe but with roots in the city of brotherly love.

Ground beef with chopped onions and green peppers, a little flour to make a gravy, some other seasonings. Serve on a lightly toasted sub bun with Swiss or provolone and mayonnaise.

Yeah, they make a mess but she's getting it dialed in.

Can't get her to acknowledge the "wit" "witout" thing, but I'm good "wit"
And she despises cheez whiz.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
During fresh garden tomato season my husband request a certain meal using them. And be honest it is really yummy. Very simple.
Take some good plump garden tomatoes, slice thick, say get about 3 slices per tomato, place them flat side down in a non-stick skillet that has already 1/2 stick butter melted in, continue the heat on medium. Then pour in about 2 cups of Heavy Cream all around the tomatoes, gently flip the tomatoes, salt and a sprinkle of thyme. Let bubble. Meanwhile start a pot of water and get your favorite pasta, cook it. Drain pasta. Put pasta a dish, ladle the tomatoes and the cream on pasta, sprinkle with Parm cheese. So good.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Hmm, interesting.

The wife does something similar with cherry tomatoes, but no cream. Pan with butter and olive oil, toss in tomatoes and cook on high until they burst. Lower to a simmer. Serve over noodles.

Often we sear shrimp in the hot pan as well, plenty of minced garlic too.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Hmm, interesting.

The wife does something similar with cherry tomatoes, but no cream. Pan with butter and olive oil, toss in tomatoes and cook on high until they burst. Lower to a simmer. Serve over noodles.

Often we sear shrimp in the hot pan as well, plenty of minced garlic too.
Have you tried the baked version with the Feta Cheese in the middle? Easy.

Ask a Question