What herbs to work with

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am looking for herbs that are beneficial for health so looking for stuff that can handle very cold weather and ones that will Survive if I bring them indoors for the cold thank you all

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Eleutherococcus senticosus (a type of ginseng)
This plant is best grown in USDA Zones 3-7. I would grow this plant if I could, but Zone 9 is too warm.
it is used for viruses, diabetes, athletic performance, strengthening, memory, menopause, thinking skills, the common cold, and many other conditions.

Berberis vulgaris (anti-inflammatory & antidiarrheal. May treat a variety of disorders, such as infections, joint pain, diabetes, liver disease, gallbladder pain, digestive trouble, urinary tract diseases, and gallstones.)

Coleus
blumei AKA Solenostemon Scutellarioides. Can be grown indoors amd/or outdoors. A common ornamental, & traditional medicinal plant used to treat malarial fever, hepatopathy, renal stones, cough, chronic asthma, bronchitis, parasitic worms such as hookworm/pinworm, colic, convulsions, and epilepsy.

Maca Root (Lepidium meyenii, aka Peruvian ginseng.) Maca grows well on poor soils, in harsh cold conditions and is drought tolerant. General panacea for health improvement, also improves digestion and improves absorption of whatever you take it with.

Gymnema sylvestre (Ayurvedic, tropical houseplant. it may help you fight sugar cravings and lower high blood sugar levels. It may also help fight inflammation, aid weight loss, and lower “bad” LDL cholesterol and triglyceride levels.)

Don't forget the highly medicinal Garlic!

There are many more useful herbs, this is a very short list. I might post a few more, later.

Ask a Question