Park Starts

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have an inherited a bunch of Park Starts. I've had poor luck in using them-- especially in transferring seedlings to the garden. A leggy tomato seedling on top of a two inch non-biodegradable cylinder is not a promising way to begin.

I would like to hear from someone who has used them successfully.

Thank you.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
No one carries that brand around here. Never hear of them. Around here it is Bonnie plants. They usually have good looking plants but they are way overpriced to me. I do think they come with a guarantee though.

You can bury leggy tomato seedlings deeper or lay the root ball on its side and trench in the stem up to the first true leaves. The stems will root on tomatoes. Not a real big problem as far as that goes.

Your username kind of implies that you like to overwater your seedlings.

Meadowlark

No N-P-K Required
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
old zone 8b/new zone 9a
Country
United States
Never used them...and never would. Just looking at them in pictures they appear very prone to leggy plants.

The best you can do is get them into more suitable containers/soil as soon as possible.

Leggy tomatoes as @YumYum said can be turned into success planting most of the "legs" in good soil with the root ball. Good luck.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Well now I see it is Park seed. They have been in business for about as long as I've been gardening. I think I still have their catalog from way back when. I would buy seeds from them but haven't yet. As far as ordering seedlings, that is a no from me. If you are going to garden, Just learn to start your own seeds. Yes you will mess up. I still do.

Ask a Question