Moss Lawn

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My lawn has pretty much been invaded by moss. I have been looking into leaving the moss as I have more moss than grass. I have lots of primroses and other wild plants that have seeded themselves in the 'lawn'. I was thinking of letting the moss take over and planting some spring bulbs in the moss. What are your thoughts?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The choice is yours. If planting spring bulbs. you need to wait until later in the year though.

If you do decide to treat/kill the moss. You will most likely need to do it every year. My lawn needs constant iron treatment through the year and reseeding in the spring every year, just to keep on top of the moss.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
My lawn has pretty much been invaded by moss. I have been looking into leaving the moss as I have more moss than grass. I have lots of primroses and other wild plants that have seeded themselves in the 'lawn'. I was thinking of letting the moss take over and planting some spring bulbs in the moss. What are your thoughts?
I think you are unaware of moss gardens. They are quite spectacular and though not from your culture you may find the beauty you seek.

If you are not resistant the asian cultures have elevated the platform.

Last edited:

Ask a Question