What are you picking from your gardens?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
TheCrazyPlantLady, I don't like mangos. In fact, I hate them. In my opinion their taste is horrible:p
Jed - it's funny to think that it's the middle of winter somewhere in this world.
My dog picked a few aples from our garden today. They started falling down, but they aren't ripe yet:(

Reaction score
I have been eating cherry tomatoes for a few weeks and getting a steady supply of oregano and basil. Most of the other plants are flowering so I'm pretty happy.:)

Reaction score
Our weather, here in Spain has also been cooler than normal, which has meant that a lot of our fruits and vegetables haven't been as prolific as normal, but having just read all the comments here, think we are doing extremely well, and almost, feel terrible in saying that, we have been and currently still are collecting: from the vegetable garden - bucket loads of tomatoes, aubergines, zucchini, peppers, cucumbers and lettuces, the strawberries have just finished and we are having a bit of a problem with voles devouring the lettuces. An abundance of herbs:- both types of mint, Italian parsley, chives and basil. The fruit has been a bit less than normal, due to the fact that fruit trees tend to have a rest one year and then the following year, give you so much fruit you don't know what to do with it, this year is a rest year for the fruit trees, but we are doing pretty well with a plentiful supply of, water and honeydew melons, peaches, pears and have just taken the last of the plums, and am now waiting for the apples which will be ready in a couple of weeks.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Plenty of stuff coming in now :)

DSCF0020.JPG

Translated some of that into a Curry :)

DSCF0019.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
All I'm getting at the moment is okra. The peppers haven't done well, and it seems to be too hot for the tomatoes. (Gramps' plants) My blueberries have been done for over a month so it's just herbs for now. Acquired a few more recently and had to move them to the shade.

Reaction score
So far I've picked a few chilis :p I've a small chili plant inside, I also happen to own a cucumber one, so far I've picked at least 5 big cucumbers! Much better than the ones I buy from the store. I only wish I had more space to grow more trees and plants; I'd love to have a 100% organic garden.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Scarlet, Painted Lady and Sunset runner beans, summer squash, and tomatoes. Made pear/apple sauce this morning from trees in back yard. Still a few blueberries and raspberries but they are about finished. Garlic harvest beginning.

Reaction score
So far I've picked a few chilis :p I've a small chili plant inside, I also happen to own a cucumber one, so far I've picked at least 5 big cucumbers! Much better than the ones I buy from the store. I only wish I had more space to grow more trees and plants; I'd love to have a 100% organic garden.
I have a chili plant this year, but none ripe enough to pick yet. I can't wait :)

We had our first and only feed of green beans with supper this evening. I planted in the garden initially, and the bugs ate them to the ground before they could even put out true leaves, so I planted more in pots on the deck. They didn't produce much, but at least we got some! They are finished now, so I think I'll pull them out and try starting more seeds in the same pots - maybe I'll get a late crop.

And I made a little batch of each garlic dill pickles and bread and butter pickles today. Can't wait until they are ready to eat!

The tomato plants are heavy with fruit, but not a single one is ripening yet. I am afraid they are all going to ripen on the same day.....

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States

How much space do you have? It may be possible for you to grow a lot more plants than you think. Being 100% organic is easy when you don't use pesticides and when you compost. Even city dwellers in apartments can do both of those things with ease and a little planning.

Ask a Question