What are you picking from your gardens?

Reaction score
So far all I have been able to pick is one pepper. The weather has been really crazy here so things were not doing well for a while. I do have a couple of snap peas that are almost ready to pick and I finally have a couple tomatoes growing, but they are not ready to pick yet.

Reaction score
Yeah, it's the rainy season in Florida, so the weeds are growing like crazy. I have to weed almost daily.

It's not normally rainy season here in NJ, but we have had so much rain so far this summer that the weeds here have been a bit out of hand too.

dim

Reaction score
currently picking lettuce, swiss chard, rocket, beetroot leaves (for salad), parsley, and thyme

onions are nearly ready, tomato plants are forming fruit (loads of tomatoes on my tumbling tomato which is in a hanging basket)

basil is still small, french dwarf beans are still small, celery still needs time, and sweetcorn plants are now knee high ....

it's my 1st year of growing veg, but I have learned lots (so far)

Reaction score
Snap peas, kohlrabi, radish, a few tiny tomatoes, GREENS, and plenty of asparagus :)

Reaction score
We just have kale and onions, and I made onion rings the other day. My son, while helping me clean the kitchen, poured the entire pot of used oil down the sink! Besides the waste of gently used oil (I would have strained it and used it for more onion rings), oil is very hard on our septic system! I love not having to pay the monthly fee for sewers, but we need to be more careful what we pour down the sink!

I also have picked two tomatos from the potted tomato plant on the back deck.

Reaction score
This year has been a good year so far in S. Texas. Lots of tomatoes, lettuce, squash. We had a refrigerator full of squash, and our neighbor came by to drop of some more! We've built up a nice set of squash recipes.
We also have carrots, bell peppers, cucumbers and kale. The beans are dried up and done, as well as the lettuce, but we have a nice stand of Malibar spinach, which grows well in the hot weather.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Starting to pick Rainbow Chard, beans are coming on.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
I've been on holiday since yesterday, so I'm not picking anything, but I brought with me from my garden:
A bag of "red alert" tomatoes.
Lettuces.
A bucket of new potatoes (Epicure)
A dozen sticks of rhubarb.
Some chantenay carrots
Some onion thinnings.
Strawberries. (Although the missus devoured them last night)
Broad beans for dinner tomorrow.
A trough type container of parsley.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Cool :)
Just picked some Rhubarb to make Rhubarb Water from, only taken me 2 years to get around to trying it :D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Today, I picked lots and lots of daisies. I decided that I need more flowers in my room because it has been raining for two days and I want something to cheer myself up.
Now, whenever I look at the daisies, I feel so much better:D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Picked a handful of blueberries, and gramps' okra is producing, but other than that it's just been herbs as I need them for cooking. Looking forward to the day I will be picking lemons (maybe next year?) and holding out hope I will soon see signs of life from my grape vine.

Reaction score
I suddenly found that I had 1 huge and 1 normal sized zucchini (courgette) today - I hadn't really checked my garden too much over the past week. It was a nice surprise! I also got one small but delicious kohlrabi, and a handful of sugar snap peas. I've already picked lots of lettuce and mint (for mojitos!) and other herbs. I discovered summer savory this year, and I'm a fan.

ACSAPA, I wish I had a mango tree in my back yard!!! How can anyone not like mangos?

Soliliquy, I'm thinking of getting a blueberry bush or two for next year - how big do they get?

Jed

Reaction score
Middle of winter and still have cabbages, leeks, spring onions, silver-beet,lemons,parsley and assorted other herbs. Still a way to go before planting. And from storage potatoes and masses of garlic.

Ask a Question