Our gardening diaries - from latest toys, flowers to wildlife .. Please upload pics

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya......sorry that I'm a bit late in reporting in for our daily ' hello's' .

Started off with good intentions, but got nattering on the phone...hope everyone is well and ready to greet the weekend.

Sorry but can't stop for a chat as I'm being picked up in a moment .....going over to GC with some friends for a catch-up.....and browse!!:D(y)........sick bay here I come:ROFLMAO::D!!

Have a Fun Filled Friday everyone ......behave yourselves!;):D

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Just got back from physio, got the brace off. Just got to use it,if it feels tired. It's adjusted so i can bend my leg fully. Had a go on the bike,i was very good, she was supprised. I can do a bit of walking, gradually increase it, Have a appointment to go to their gym session on a Friday afternoon.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
My rudbeckia has really put on a good show

SAM_0132.JPG

Only one plant

Love this yellow Tanz echinacea - my wish list is to acquire an orange one and some doubles.

SAM_0131.JPG

SAM_0154.JPG

Son did 4 rows of these today.

Lovely hypericum pink berries
SAM_0156.JPG
SAM_0157.JPG

and red berries

This dahlia is teasing me..
SAM_0159.JPG
SAM_0161.JPG

Love this pink colour

My favorite kind of hydrangea
SAM_0148.JPG

Gina
SAM_0135.JPG

This year I've managed to have more than 1 flower on a stem. Whenever I saw clumps of flowers on a strepto, I said to myself, Pull another one.. Now, I have them myself.. Bliss ..
SAM_0127.JPG
SAM_0129.JPG
SAM_0149.JPG

Typhoon

Love it. another plant has loads of flowers but it shows sign of dyng..
SAM_0136.JPG

:cry:
SAM_0137.JPG

:cry::cry:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Ohh I like the tile color. Where is the tile going?
I am sanding this weekend and hopefully will be ready to paint next week, (if it ever stops raining). I've been neglecting my weed pulling duties so my yard is a little wild.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@tbendl That is my expensive lean-to. It cost me too much and it is only a little box with glass roof. I wish i had changed the roof as the naughty neighbours have massive glorified sheds put in and one had 4 people living at the end of the garden and they are Council tax band D, same as my pokey 3-bed room house.

I should have sanded some of the walls in the lean to and painted it before putting down the tiles, but I have painted it 3 times .. and I am just so fed up as I will use it for my plants again and condensation will wreak havoc again.. That is the cheapest tiles going. I just want to move so cheapest will do. At least, they don't show up dirt.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I was going to say you should turn it into a she shed.. And then I saw that people can see right into it via the roof. What a stinker that is. And yeah, if the plan is to move then I agree, go cheap! You have a great son, that he is doing that for you though. :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
My sunroom gets a lot of condensation during the summer after it rains. That's kind of why I am going to paint the floor versus putting tile down.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
The tiler who quoted me £700 plus for tiling 12 square metre said he knew there is some reflective material which will reflect 75% heat back. I don't think I'm going to bother as soon it will be winter and there will be tons of condensation in the lean to. I have tons of things to do in the whole house. I wish I had done up my garage instead as that would have added more value to the house. Now, it's too late and I'm broke!

Ask a Question