Water Features

Reaction score
Yeah, but wouldn't it overflow and spill windshield washer fluid over the ground every time it rained? Which means potentially poisoning the soil, not to mention sending yet more chemicals into the water table. Seems it would be easier to use something like mosquito dunks. If it doesn't poison fish, it can't be that bad for the environment.

i don't know truthfully. i know he did some other gardening and never mentioned problems with it. on a guess (i should have looked it up) regular windsheild washer fluid isn'td like antifreeze. i think it's like diluted alcohol.

found this before i went ahead and posted. the regular blue kind is mostly methanol

http://www.montrealgazette.com/technology/dirt+washer+fluid/1405612/story.html

seems like being diluted by rain and spilling over wouldn't be much of an issue, but there might be more danger to a kid who tries to drink it out of the water feature thinking it's koolaid or something.

Ask a Question