Too Many Toaster Oven Choices

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
We've had a few Kitchenaid kitchen appliances, but eventually became fed up with our Artisan coffee machine.

One of these. The body is cast steel and weighs nearly 30lb. We bought the first one in 2005.

proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg

It was OK for a few years, apart from the dials steaming up and the hand fell off one of them, but then it went wrong and was replaced by Kitchenaid.
Then it went wrong every couple of years or so.The last time I had it repaired, was last year. that cost £80. It only lasted six months before it went wrong again. This time, they wanted £160 to repair it. It's away a fixed charge for collection, repair and return. I'd had enough. So I ditched it and bought a Smeg. It was on promotion at Curry's and was half the price of a Kitchenaid.

It's smaller, not as substantial and has only one boiler, so you can't brew and steam at the same time and the water reservoir is only half the size. but it actually makes a better cup of coffee.

proxy.duckduckgo.com 2.jpg

The replacement toaster though still red, wasn't like the old one or the coffee machine . it has a metalic finish.

Most of our kitchen small appliances are red.

P1000805.JPG

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I did not know the Amazon phone app has the odd ability to show you how something looks in the room you intend. I sent this picture to Becky last night while she was asleep, and this morning she asked me where the stove was! I guess it looks pretty realistic!
IMG_20181213_092659_01.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Here are a couple of the first things we cooked that my wife thought were worth taking a picture of. She is a member of the Breville forum on Facebook. The machine hasn't paid for itself yet but a few more of those pizzas and it will. I like to bake breads and am trying to find the perfect loaf. The dinner rolls shown was my first attempt at bread. The chicken wings were airfried and not our first attempt at airfrying. We finally figured out to forget recipe instructions on airfrying and use common sense instead. Cooking is a little different with this machine, especially when using the convection and super convection modes than on a conventional oven.

Attachments

• IMG_0001 (1).JPG
    IMG_0001 (1).JPG
    70.7 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_0007.JPG
    IMG_0007.JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_0008.JPG
    IMG_0008.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 169
Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a Nostalgia BST3AQ 3-in-1, would recommend it to anyone. Very convenient, can make 3 dishes at once, a perfect breakfast.

Reaction score
Country
United States
That whole Nostalgia line looks so quirky and festive... until the novelty wears off. But seriously, they do look like great space-savers for a small kitchen.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
We've one of these, the four slot one.

It's a ridiculous waste of money and it's had to be replaced twice under its five year guarantee, but we like it.

We've the matching kettle too.

Ask a Question