Programmes To Watch

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Anna was vicious when she called David a b****d! Unnecessarily cruel and her new amour had an eye on the family fortune.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
I don't think that i'll watch it then.

Been watching A Place to Call Home, still good. It's good that Regina is still in it.

Much as I enjoyed Reggie as a character and particularly her clothes, to be "running after the bus again," after she was put in the asylum and somehow got away with murdering the policeman, i.e., for it all to start up again, is enough to make me not want to watch it any more.

It's now "a drama in search of a creditable plot."

Last edited:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Much as I enjoyed Reggie as a character and particularly her clothes, to be "running after the bus again," i'e., after she was put in the asylum and somehow got away with murdering the policeman, i'e., for it all to start up again, is enough to make me not wan to watch it any more.

It's now "a drama in search of a creditable plot."

Agree! Anna was delectable and now she's pathetic and vile. When story drags on and on, it loses its credibility.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I am watching APTCH and have found out that BBC version had Anna's calling David a b***d cut. Strange!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
Agree! Anna was delectable and now she's pathetic and vile. When story drags on and on, it loses its credibility.

There were some great moments in past episodes, like when Anna found out that her aunt was actually her mother. In successive series the story lines have been less realistic.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
"The Artist," BBC1 last night.
A romance set against the change in the motion picture industry from silent films to "talkies."
It's presented entirely as a silent film, with a very limited number of "balloons," of just some of the essential dialogue as it was with silent films.
There's background music and towards the end some everyday sounds, but still no speech.

Worth catching on i>Player.

First time I heard this for decades, though not written until 1936, later than when the film was set, but still enjoyable.

Rose Murphy 1913 - 1989, was better known for this.

Couldn't play the first one, it wouldn't work on my phone. I couldn't stand that voice for too long.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
Finished watching the first episode of location location location, it's very good and they don't bully people into buying a house.

It's well to remember, in these sort of programmes, they only show "suitable cases for treatment." I bet a lot they record end up going pear shaped, so never get shown.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Watched episode 4 of A Place to Call Home, we think that Regina isn't going to be the same as before. She's going to put things right.

Anna was behaving that way because she was still hurting and her grandmother could see that.

Ask a Question