Lots of discount seeds!

Reaction score
Shelly, that is awesome ! I also love how the dollar stores usually put most of the gardening seeds and even the pots, and other miscellaneous gerdening and yard products on clearance in the fall.
I need to make a trip to my local dollar stores and see what all kinds of goodies that I can find on sale.
Even Walmart often marks their gardening stuff way down, so they can start bringing in the inevitable Christmas items for early shoppers. They use the same areas for both seasonal specials, so one has to go when the other one comes out.

Happyflowerlady I wish you the best of luck with your search. I never make it to Walmart at the right time to get in on any good clearance deals through them. I usually only get there once a month. Good luck with your clearance sale search!

I still haven't used the ones I got last spring. I never seem to have enough potting soil or containers for planting. I've been so busy lately I have barely set foot outside and even my indoor plants are suffering. None of the seeds I did try to start indoors have come up and I have lots of stuff outdoors that needs to be transplanted.

I know you have been so busy lately. I hope that you will get some time to enjoy in the garden among the plants.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Well, my poor plants are still waiting for some real attention from me. I need to get out there and start transplanting and so forth. I think I am going to stick to seedlings from the nursery for a while. I need to redesign my garden layout so I don't have to keep moving things around.

Reaction score
Well, my poor plants are still waiting for some real attention from me. I need to get out there and start transplanting and so forth. I think I am going to stick to seedlings from the nursery for a while. I need to redesign my garden layout so I don't have to keep moving things around.

Yep a good design will save you a bit of a hassle. It does get tiring moving everything around so much. We really don't have too much of a problem with moving things. We normally get them where they need to go and that is it. Our problems come in with the regular upkeep and maintenance at times. Both of us hate weeding. LOL

Reaction score
I will check my dollar store as well. I have kept seeds for years and have had no problems, so I am guessing even if they are a bit stale dated they will do fine. Let us know how things turn out.

Reaction score
I will check my dollar store as well. I have kept seeds for years and have had no problems, so I am guessing even if they are a bit stale dated they will do fine. Let us know how things turn out.

Yes I have kept seeds around for years as well and I was a bit amazed at some of the success I have had with them. I will let you know how it goes. I think the dollar store is one of the best places for cheap seeds.

Ask a Question