Fruit in a small yard

Reaction score
Country
Nepal
Some of the fruits that you can grow in backyard are guava, pomegranate, peach, pears. These fruits do not take large space. However, always avoid planing seeds. Seeds take time to grow.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
If you have a small yard, I would recommend any type of berries or you might be able to grow some melons that are suited for the home gardener. If you go the melon route, you might be interested in growing sugar baby watermelons or Jenny Lind melons.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3b
Country
United States
im in n. maine and i have raspberries, blueberries, currants, honeyberries, aronia , elderberries, bush cherries, serviceberries, autumn olive , seaberries and goumi berries. I'm adding a row of blackberries and a dwarf apple tree next summer. all on a little over a half acre! couldn't see wasting space just growing a lawn. my fiances not too happy but when i explained to her how much we'll save on fruits and juices, she was ok w it. all these berries are considered superfoods. most produce by the second year. raspberry, everbearing varieties produce 1st. year if planted early spring. they all should grow well in new york and most aren't bothered by pests. bought them all online thru places like rolling river nurseries, nourse farms, indianaberries, harttmans, etc.. good luck!

Reaction score
Country
Jamaica
You could try growing a dwarf mandarin tree in a large pot. I did this on my backyard porch! It hates too much water since fungi could kill the roots. Last time it had so many fruits it was being weighed all the way down too! Really easy to grow. Best time to plant them is in spring though and not year round fruits.

Reaction score
Country
Kenya
I think the papaya fruit is kosher. They grow vertically occupying much less space much the same way as a skyscraper economises on space. They might take more time to grow but there are hybrid varieties that take much less time to grow.

Ask a Question