berry tree

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
but i yearly grub the soil around all my tree's (accept the old olive tree's) isn't that enough for the roots to get oxygen? do i need to worry about the rocks if there is any around the roots? must of comments said i do not need to worry, i am able to take it out and put it somewhere else but i don't want to move it if no need for that.

in a couple of months i will add some goat manure hope this helps.
Are you familiar with compost tea? There is a lot of info on this site about it. It would be where I would start in helping your tree. I would not worry about moving the tree nor would I worry about the rocks. If you could get chicken manure and compost it I am sure your tree would do much better. Goat manure is ok but it does not have near the NPK as chicken. If you could get a lot of goat manure, enough to cover the ground under your tree an inch or two deep, I am sure it would work wonders too. But for now I would start with the compost tea. It will help loosen up the soil and multiply the micro-organisms greatly, thus enabling your tree to uptake nutrients better.

Reaction score
Country
Lebanon
there is a farm just a kilometer near my house so am sure i can get like any manure and as much as i need, i always buy milk from this guy and he wouldnt mind me filling bags of manure and i think it is a mix cow chicken and goat manure.

yes i know about tea and i always put some when i make tea in the garden but never under this tree.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
there is a farm just a kilometer near my house so am sure i can get like any manure and as much as i need, i always buy milk from this guy and he wouldnt mind me filling bags of manure and i think it is a mix cow chicken and goat manure.

yes i know about tea and i always put some when i make tea in the garden but never under this tree.
Go get a lot of this manure and put it into a pile and compost it and make tea out of a little of it too and water you tree with it. After this manure has composted use it everywhere. It will be the best fertilizer there is, for everything.

Reaction score
Country
Lebanon
here is my front garden:
9a62c111-96b9-4537-8e94-dd20576c3b7e.jpg

here is the berry tree, been like this 2 years now:
0a765dec-fbe7-4a6d-8ea2-c26a1c968b79.jpg

here is how my soil look like, ill start picking up some rock to make work easier for me:
70e1c940-76d3-4ae5-a478-333477a8f32b (1).jpg

Reaction score
Country
Lebanon
Go get a lot of this manure and put it into a pile and compost it and make tea out of a little of it too and water you tree with it. After this manure has composted use it everywhere. It will be the best fertilizer there is, for everything.

i will in a couple of months just before the winter.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
i will in a couple of months just before the winter.
I wouldn't worry about the rocks. Start using compost tea and fertilizer now. Your trees roots need food in the winter too. That tree needs nutrition, now.

Reaction score
Country
Lebanon
i picked some fruit from it this year but seems to be smaller that it should so hope this will also change and the fruit become bigger

Ask a Question