Quite a Few Petunias

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi, Mr. Ferdinand, I planted my first petunias in spring (2020) and I can't say that I had the best success with them, but I'll keep trying (Atch 1). Since your initial post in Feb 2020, I've been looking for the beautiful array of Petunias and Millions Bells you shared with the forum. Previously, I'd visited a number of nurseries here in Korea, but had only seen the usual solid colors mainly "Fushia". This year (to my surprise) I came across a burgundy petunia with yellow stripes (Atch 2) --a slighly different pattern in Fushia (Atch 3).

I grabbed a bunch of them because I was certain they would sell out. I'm hoping I can get them to the point of being lush and cascading over the hanging baskets they're in. Any tips you can share would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Atch 1 -Petunia (Fushia).jpg
    Atch 1 -Petunia (Fushia).jpg
    336.4 KB · Views: 52
  • Atch 2 - Petunia Burgandy Star with Yellow Stripe.jpg
    Atch 2 - Petunia Burgandy Star with Yellow Stripe.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 42
  • Atch 3 - Petunia Fushia with Yellow Stripe-different pattern.jpg
    Atch 3 - Petunia Fushia with Yellow Stripe-different pattern.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 48
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
sometime I pant them in my containers. this year I did white trailing ones with a dark purple vine combo. Pretty decent. Have a nice garden place not far that carries awesome plants for container creativity in the spring.

Reaction score
Country
United States
This is NOT a Petunia! This is a beautiful evergreen shrub, the Cape Leadwort (Plumbago auriculata 'Imperial Blue' or a similar cultivar).
It is native to South Africa and is in the Plumbago Family (Plumbaginaceae), the same family as Statice or Sea-lavender (Limonium spp.) and Thrift or Sea-pinks (Armeria spp.), among others.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Petunia x 'Dcaspitaya'. Thanks to marketing nonsense, it is better known as Supertunia® Picasso in Purple®
Actually there is a remarkably similar cultivar: Petunia x ‘BHTUN31501’ which is/was marketed as Supertunia® Pretty Much Picasso® It has less purple veining than 'Dcapitaya'. The two cultivars were bred by different breeders and both have U.S, Plant Patent numbers: 27,999 & 21,649 respectively. However, they are both produced and marketed in Proven Winners' Supertunia line.
supertunia_picasso_in_purple%20Optimized.jpg

Nili

Leaf enthusiast
Reaction score
Country
India
Petunia x 'Dcaspitaya'. Thanks to marketing nonsense, it is better known as Supertunia® Picasso in Purple®
Actually there is a remarkably similar cultivar: Petunia x ‘BHTUN31501’ which is/was marketed as Supertunia® Pretty Much Picasso® It has less purple veining than 'Dcapitaya'. The two cultivars were bred by different breeders and both have U.S, Plant Patent numbers: 27,999 & 21,649 respectively. However, they are both produced and marketed in Proven Winners' Supertunia line.
supertunia_picasso_in_purple%20Optimized.jpg
:love::love::love::love::love:

Ask a Question