New seedlings growing without leaves...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
That is very strange. That has never happened to me. It appears to be a clean cut across. I would suspect physical removal by some means but I don't know what. I think I see the top of one of them over on the left portion of the cup.

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
It's happened again this morning!! One of my baby Pak Choi seedlings just lost its leaves!!

In this case, the evidence is on the vermiculite beneath the stem, but still ... what on earth is going on here? It looks like something just pulled them off for fun.

1000003771.jpg

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Could it possibly be a mouse?

I do live in a hunter's cottage surrounded by forest, so it definitely wouldn't be out of the question I'd have a mouse inside.

Seems much more likely than a snail or slug that just pulls the leaves off seedlings...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Yes it could well be. Maybe you could set up a night camera, then we could all watch to see who the culprit is. 🤓 I've got my specs on ready!

Ask a Question