Leftover garlic bulbs, what to do?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Howdy.

I got like 20 leftover garlic cloves I didn't plant, I assume they are edible right, got em from rareseeds.com... just making sure.

Also, what can I make with 20 cloves of garlic?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Later they will deter pest in your garden they won't make big cloves but will deter number of pest.

Don't put them around Beans. Great around Cabbage and Tomatoes.

big rockpile

Meadowlark

No N-P-K Required
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
old zone 8b/new zone 9a
Country
United States
Never had that problem...never have leftovers of this wonderful Allium sativum... if I did, I would just plant them and grow more.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My friend showed me a photo of his garlic plot on the allotment, "350 plants, one for each day of the year". He likes his garlic.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Never had that problem...never have leftovers of this wonderful Allium sativum... if I did, I would just plant them and grow more.
I think I planted like 200 cloves, but I still have all the tiny cloves from that and another 26 full bulbs... somehow I bought way to much. Can't imagine it can't be cooked with.

Meadowlark

No N-P-K Required
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
old zone 8b/new zone 9a
Country
United States
I think I planted like 200 cloves, but I still have all the tiny cloves from that and another 26 full bulbs... somehow I bought way to much. Can't imagine it can't be cooked with.
Certainly, can be cooked with. Many people eat it raw or chopped up in dips like guacamole.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Certainly, can be cooked with. Many people eat it raw or chopped up in dips like guacamole.
Raw???? How????

I love garlic, can't get enough of it, can you eat too much garlic? I read it acts as a blood thinner. I made tomato sauce with like an entire bulb of garlic last week, I never farted so much in my life.

I read about honey fermented garlic, I might try it.

Meadowlark

No N-P-K Required
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
old zone 8b/new zone 9a
Country
United States
Raw???? How????
My personal favorite is chopped addition to guacamole. It is also great added to salsa. Mince it and add it to Ranch dressing for a unique taste on salads. Makes a great addition to mashed potatoes and/or as a topping for baked potatoes...especially garden grown. Add it to pasta sauce...etc.etc.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I sometimes will chop up a couple cloves and put it on my hotdog instead of onions.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Times change. I remember in the 1950's my parents only eating garlic at weekends because other staff at work complained Dad 'Smelt like a Frenchman'.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey what's wrong smelling like a Frenchman?

big rockpile
Nothing, but back then people were very narrow minded. it was illegal to be gay, people strove to look the same, and hated foreigners. Mind you, there are still a few who wish it were still that way.

Ask a Question