Interesting tomato experiment

Reaction score
Country
Canada
These tomatoes I started from seed and the plants have never been removed from the tray. They all had equal light under the grow lamp and equal sunshine. I stated them all in the same soil. The ones on the right I have been giving miracle grow 20-20-20. The ones on the left I changed the soil to 0.11 0.01 0.01 and a few that are the smallest in the left I just kept in the seedling soil.
PXL_20230521_153510298.MP.jpg

Once I plant them in the ground I just use bone meal and old manure mixed with my garden soil, I stop using miracle grow. But it does make a difference when growing them before planting. I just thought it was an interesting experiment. They are all beefsteak tomatoes from the same seed pack.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
The bone is not a meat struggling, it is just calcium, pepper.
I just ment I don't like using anything synthetic in my garden like miracle grow. I find aside from the compost I till into the garden the tomato plants grow really well with old manure and a fistfull of bone meal mixed into the holes I plant them in and both are all natural.

Ask a Question