Will This Work The Same As Dead Heading?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Basicallt, yes but it doesn't work with every veg. Corn, for instance isn't going to produce more corn after picking. Peppers, summer squash, etc will produce more because they want to set seed. Remove the fruit, no seed left, they produce more fruit for more seed.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Peppers and tomatoes if the season is long enough, I don't think it would work in England, no time for more than one cro0p on one plant. I plant more tomatoes a bit after my first ones so they are maturing later.

Reaction score
Country
United States
If you pick vegetables will it make the plant want to produce more.

big rockpile
It really depends on the plant. With most the answer would be no, with a few exceptions. Usually with the ones that will, its because you are putting them in a stress state. What you can do though is remove excess fruits & vegitables that are less desireable and the plant is able to put more energy into the ones that remain, but you also lessen your chances of everything making it to harvest time with possible things that can happen to ruin the fruit/vegitable.

Ask a Question