Where to find Garden Container Stabiliser Supports Online

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

I am looking for a global garden supplies company which can supply large adjustable surround supports (tripod or quad pod) for plant containers sites on hard surfaces such as patios, gravel and or earth beds. For example where a container with a growing plant has become top heavy and the container cannot support itself on windy days without a footed frame. The plants are typically greater than 1.5m tall and the containers are greater than 0.5m diameter at widest. I am using bamboo canes in the earth beds for now however I am looking for something elegant for the patio. The only other solution is to repot the plants in larger containers with added weights in the base. However I would prefer to work with containers I have. Thank in advance for any recommendations.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forum.
Having done a bit of searching I see what you mean, most sites recommend things like putting them on a flat surface, bunching them together, or using pots made of heavier material, not all that helpful. It would seem there is a gap in the market there. I wonder if you could drill holes in the side near the bottom of the pot and thread something through, like a bicycle spoke, to tie it down on to a wider stand? Alternatively a short piece with a wire tied to the middle that you could push up vertically through the hole in the bottom of the pot and then turn to the horizontal to hold? I might try some experiments.

Ask a Question