Wheat production variance question?

Reaction score
Country
United States
When you look at how much wheat can be grown per acre, it looks like people say that's pretty stable around certain ranges. But has anyone tested that? Like say you suddenly upped your soil fertility, would you end up getting more wheat? Or the same on your yields? And would yields per acre for wheat differ much when comparing say a dry western state to a place with more water, better soil?

And the reason I bring this up...

Our apple tree was producing 4 or 5 buckets per year when we didn't pay any attention to the water. But now when I have the garden next to it, I was watering the garden twice a day for most of the year. That meant it was getting vastly more water. The end result was... its capable of getting maybe 7 buckets.. which is very different. Another apple tree in the yard also improved with water increasing and more fertility increased.

If I water more on my tomatoes, cucs, etc they will produce much more also.

So it made me wonder if that is possible also with grains and grain production varying?

Thank you for any thoughts on this.

Ask a Question