What the heck is wrong with my Hydrangeas?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello,
My hydrangeas look like pancakes or a lunar module! I am confused: The plant seems really healthy, it gets a good number of sunshine hours, I used miracle grow.
I walk around and everyone else's Hydrangeas are big round and bouncy and mine look like this.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.

Attachments

• IMG_9086.JPG
    IMG_9086.JPG
    300.6 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_9087.JPG
    IMG_9087.JPG
    345.6 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_9089.JPG
    IMG_9089.JPG
    283.7 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_9090.JPG
    IMG_9090.JPG
    320.3 KB · Views: 10
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello,
My hydrangeas look like pancakes or a lunar module! I am confused: The plant seems really healthy, it gets a good number of sunshine hours, I used miracle grow.
I walk around and everyone else's Hydrangeas are big round and bouncy and mine look like this.

Hydrangeas are weird; give them some more time; also try adding some coffee grounds to the soil around the plants.

Mystic Moon Tree

Herbalist, Gardener, & Permaculturist
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b to 8 unique microclimate
Country
United States
Hello,

Its a different varriety of hydrangea. They are bred to bloom differently.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Hello,

Really, your complaining about that Hydrangea. Honey that's the way its suppose to look. Its a Lace cap Hydrangea. You need to read up on the types of Hydrangeas. And there are some hydrangeas that bloom on new wood, some that bloom on old wood. I am going to tag you to my garden pic. Please go through them. I have 13 varieties.

Ask a Question