What might be causing the end rot on my squash plants?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Most of the squash on our plants are developing end rot, as in the recent photo. The plants are in raised beds in a very sunny location, and the leaf growth is very robust. What could be causing this end rot, and what can we do about it? Or is too late for this year's plant?

Thanks!

Garyt

Attachments

• End Rot.jpg
    End Rot.jpg
    234 KB · Views: 8
Reaction score
Country
United States
The only time I have had that problem was when it rained a lot and my plants were getting poor air circulation. I cut away most of the older leaves and that helped it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
That is improper or poor pollination at those sizes. That is just a female flower that is dying and it isn't going to live or grow without pollination from a male flower.

If it gets bigger and then starts to have a bad yellow/brown spot on the blossom end, that is likely blossom end rot.

Reaction score
Country
United States
That is improper or poor pollination at those sizes. That is just a female flower that is dying and it isn't going to live or grow without pollination from a male flower.
This!
If it was blossom end rot it can easily be remedied with calcium nitrate or better yet just plain old milk.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Most of the squash on our plants are developing end rot, as in the recent photo. The plants are in raised beds in a very sunny location, and the leaf growth is very robust. What could be causing this end rot, and what can we do about it? Or is too late for this year's plant?

Thanks!

Garyt
That looks like lack of pollination. Try getting out there in the mornings and hand pollinating. If the plant itself is heathy that's what your problem is. Don't worry you'll get more sprouts.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10 - 11
Country
Saint Kitts And Nevis
I had it when we suddenly had too much rain. I could save them. Luckily, I live in an environment where I started all over again.

Ask a Question