What is wrong with my dipladenia/mandevilla?

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Can anyone tell me what seems to be wrong with my dipladenia (mandevilla)? The ends of the vines have been dying back for a couple months after I put it outside, and now the leaves are getting yellow with a few spots. Online it says it could be fusarium (not treatable) or anthracnose (treatable)?

Attachments

• sickdipladenia1.jpg
    sickdipladenia1.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 3
  • sickdipladenia2.jpg
    sickdipladenia2.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 2
Reaction score
Country
United States
Most likely it's needing more frequent fertilization and regular watering. It looks like you have it potted. If you did not, (and it's not likely you would,) put yard dirt from your yard in the pot, it is unlikely to be fusarium as bagged potting soil has been sterilized.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I repotted it in June. I didn't have potting soil on hand but I either used some soil from a bag (not dedicated potting soil) or I may have picked some up from my community garden; I can't remember unfortunately.

It was fertilized a week before it started going more yellow, so I don't think more frequent fertilization is the issue. It may look a little yes yellow after some watering, since I did water it after being gone for a week.

2-3 weeks after I repotted it in June, the vines started dying back and gradually are becoming dead branches with the leaves falling off. That is the main concern...I don't know why the ends of the vines keep dying and then the whole branch begins to die. I did read it can happen with anthracnose.

Attachments

• dipladeniadieback2.jpg
    dipladeniadieback2.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 2
  • dipladeniadieback.jpg
    dipladeniadieback.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 2

Ask a Question