What are you eating from your garden?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Wife saw a strawberry cake at the store she said, I can make that and it won't cost that price and it will taste much better with our free home grown ripe strawberries. She bought a $1.25 yellow cake mix then baked a 1" thick cake. She made real whip cream. I picked another gallon of ripe berries, wife sliced strawberries, and also made some puree strawberry sauce. NO factory made sugar is added. After trying to make this with large strawberry slices wife decided next time to chop berries into much smaller pieces then stir them into the whip cream. After topping the cake with the whip cream & strawberries, cut the cake in 1/2 then set 1 half on top of the other half. It sounds much easier than it is. Then cut each serving of cake then drizzle strawberry puree over the top. I think it will work best to make a single layer cake not a 2 layer cake.

WOW this is so good. We ate this about 1 hour before dinner. Now we are trying to decide if we should eat the rest of the strawberry cake now or after dinner. LOL.

101_9064.JPG
101_9063.JPG
101_9065.JPG
101_9068.JPG
101_9069.JPG

Ask a Question