What are the easiest vegetable to farm?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am from the tropical country Philipines, and I need some tips what are the easiest vegetable to plant.
Hello @jeraldmg

I’m not familiar with the Tropics but here in the heat of Deep East Texas, you cannot go wrong with: Okra, Tomatoes, Cucumbers, and Squash. You should receive a lot of good advice from the Forum membership.

Good luck and have a great day,
ThomasT

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Working on the basis of 'I have to put it in a greenhouse in England' I would add sweet peppers and chilli to those, maybe sweet potato.

I would add, have a walk around and see what other people are growing, my guess is that when people see you looking they will come over and chat, gardeners like people who admire their work, and you will be able to pick up some good local knowledge.

Welcome to the forum.

Meadowlark

No N-P-K Required
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
old zone 8b/new zone 9a
Country
United States
I am from the tropical country Philipines, and I need some tips what are the easiest vegetable to plant.
1. Okra would be at the top of my list. Very easy to grow and a big producer.

2. Sitaw I believe is the variety of long green beans commonly used in that diet. I grow them aka asparagus beans and they are delicious and heavy producers and very easy to grow.

3. Pechay aka Chinese cabbage aka bok choy. I love these especially in stir fry.

4. Talong aka eggplant. Not my personal favorite but an easy growing warm/hot season plant.

5. Malabar spinach a climber that needs support but very productive in warm weather conditions.

I grow each of the above just about every year and they are easy to grow and benefit from superior nutrient dense soils.

Ask a Question