Weed killing?

Reaction score
Country
France
My lawn is mature. 1,300 square meters. I have a supply of Weedol (I live in France, Weedol not available here). Next year I intend to treat the entire area with the hope to kill all the weeds for the coming year. I would appreciate a plan i.e. time of year and any other thoughts.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
My lawn is mature. 1,300 square meters. I have a supply of Weedol (I live in France, Weedol not available here). Next year I intend to treat the entire area with the hope to kill all the weeds for the coming year. I would appreciate a plan i.e. time of year and any other thoughts.
Now. Weed control begins in fall with the pre-emergent application. No doubt there are weeds preparing a spring assault by marshalling themselves in the soil across winter. Those seeds that germinate in the lower temps of fal will be the target as they attempt to germinate into your chemistry but then will fail to prosper because of the timely applications.

I looked up Weedol and found many products by that name. That means many chemicals are possible from your brand description. It is not always obvious that it is the chemical not the brand name that does specific control. You should identify your weed and ensure the chemical chosen is appropriate for control of that weed and the temp at application time.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Weedon will work well as long it's the "Weedol for lawns" that will not affect your grass if applied properly.

Ask a Question