Trumpet Vine

Reaction score
Country
United States
I had a trumpet vine that was twelve years old. This spring it bloomed again like it has for the last 8 or 9 years. Beautiful. Then about three weeks ago, 1st of September, the leaves started turning yellow. I fertilized. Got worse. Suddenly all the leaves fell off and the trunks which were 1 to 1 1/2” in diameter were also DEAD. We all know how trumpet vines can be invasive, well, there are several little vines popping up in the area of the dead vine. Can anyone shed any light on this mysterious death. What did I do or didn’t do. This vine was affording me a lot of shade on my southwest facing back porch and now it is gone. Thanks.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Maybe there are some ground critters munching on the roots. I had similar experience and it was due to moles,
this year they attacked the grapes vines over 20 years old. New vines popping up , hopefully the traps set for the moles will protect the rest of the grape vines. Even mice and voles can attack the roots.
hope your trumpet vine recovers. The deer around here like the trumpet vines so I put out plantskyyd and blocked the entrance to that area. It’s always something.🥴

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks for you time to reply. I don’t think that I have any underground critters but I will certainly double check. Thanks for giving me that advice.

Ask a Question