Tree saplings question?

Reaction score
Country
United States
So... I have a question about growing saplings... thanks for reading this and any interest.

If you were to compare trees and how to sprout them, are there certain temperature ranges that baby trees like to be around? Like, when I look at pictures of say Scotland or Iceland, they are ideal for growing trees. But just not for new baby trees, is my hypothesis. They have a lot of water in those places. But when you look at their land scapes its barren and stripped of trees. But they used to have trees everywhere in the medieval eras...

So this makes me think that maybe that the baby trees, saplings for the first couple years might have a harder time withlower temperatures? And maybe someone could fix those areas by doing indoor greenhouses, or heated greenhouses to help get the saplings started... then acclimate them to being outside and replant them...

Curious what you think about this. Thanks.

Ask a Question