Transplanting trees and the moon cycle.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Portugal
Hi, i live in northern Alentejo, Portugal, and i have recently bought an orange tree and a pomegranate tree at the local market. They are both in vases and are way past the seedling stage and already have somewhat thick trunks. I'm going to transplant them into the ground as i did with many other fruit trees with no issues. Now, to the point of the thread, i overheard an old man at the market talking about the moon cycle and how it affects plants and whatnot, i didn't pay much attention since i was in a hurry, but i got curious. Does the moon cycle affect the planting/transplanting of trees in any way and is there an optimal moon phase for me to transplant my trees? Thanks!

Reaction score
Country
United States
They say roots crops, like carrots, for example take faster if planted during a waning moon and crops that you don't grow for roots should be planted during a waxing moon.

You have a tree so, plant it when the season is right in your area for tree planting, nevermind what moon phase it is.

Ask a Question