Thrip Infestation - advice appreciated

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I have recently discovered that I have a very widespread thrip infestation, I have always known of these little pests and have lost many plants because of them but I could never find out what they were and so struggled to know how to fight them. Now I have done some research, figured out which type of thrip I am dealing with (Echinothrip Americanus - the black one) and now I am looking into the best ways of tackling them. I have seen that a mixed approach of some predatory insects plus some Spinosad can work but I am struggling to find any spinosad that is safe for use on indoor plants and wondering whether it would be better to just use insects or just use pesticide. Does anyone have any advice or particular products that they use which they have found beneficial, I live in the UK so may not be able to get all products from other countries. Any help is very much appreciated :)

Ask a Question