Thermometers

Reaction score
Country
United States
I a Thermometer couple years ago and it showed lower temperature than what I had been using.

I was told I should have more Thermometers in my Greenhouse.

No problem went bought two more like I have.

Put the two New Ones in there one to the back and one on the other side.

Old one was showing 88F the New Ones was showing 84F. No problem switch. Same thing. Ok put in New Battery. Same thing.

Is my old Thermometer wrong?

My wife says wait.

I've had trouble cooling my Greenhouse. Guy that built Greenhouses said there is no reason it isn't cool.

big rockpile

Reaction score
Country
United States
I a Thermometer couple years ago and it showed lower temperature than what I had been using.

I was told I should have more Thermometers in my Greenhouse.

No problem went bought two more like I have.

Put the two New Ones in there one to the back and one on the other side.

Old one was showing 88F the New Ones was showing 84F. No problem switch. Same thing. Ok put in New Battery. Same thing.

Is my old Thermometer wrong?

My wife says wait.

I've had trouble cooling my Greenhouse. Guy that built Greenhouses said there is no reason it isn't cool.

big rockpile
It is possible you have a difference in temperature in different areas. Heat rises as well so if one is higher than the other it will read differently. There could be discrepencies in the quality of one thermometer. Also some only take readings at 10min. intervals rather than instantly. Humidity gathering or pooling and convection currents can make for hot & cold spots within a room. You can even the temp. & cool it with a circulating fan set to low, or by installing high & low set wall convection vents, but this can evaporate water faster. You can adjust other things in the greenhouse to reach desireable temps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greenfield81

Latest Threads