The result of the potato I planted

leyequois

Noob Gardener
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b? (Mexico City)
Country
Mexico
So, this was a test for me as the "Chiltepin" that I planted from my late granny's garden died, so I had one potato that was germinated, and decided to test it, I split it in two, planted it in a small planter, and waited until the plant itself was dead... I laughed my head off(They look bigger than theyn are, the largest one is like 3-4 cms lol)

But hey, at least these ones turned from a normal potato to MiniMes, but they did survive, that is good enough I guess lol

(BTW, I didn't know if this belonged in Photos, vegetables, projects, or here)

Attachments

• potatoes.jpg
    potatoes.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 11
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Potatoes are great like that. I was stuffing nasty weeds in a sack and putting a bit of grass cuttings on top. It went down in the bag quite quickly, so I rolled the top of the bags down a bit, put a bit of compost on, planted a potato in it, and rolled it back up adding compost as I went. I opened one up when it started flowering, the weeds were pretty well composted, and I got enough new potatoes for the two of us for a meal. I am leaving the others.

Ask a Question