Tea roses looks different

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Last year my tea roses were very yellow, big and vibrant. This year they are smaller, red/pink and just looks less nicer... Anyone know what could cause this? It might of been due to not cutting it enough when it needed prune

Attachments

• IMG_4427.jpeg
    IMG_4427.jpeg
    271.9 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_4426.jpeg
    IMG_4426.jpeg
    254.1 KB · Views: 7

Mystic Moon Tree

Herbalist, Gardener, & Permaculturist
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b to 8 unique microclimate
Country
United States
Well you could need to feed your roses because the nutrients in the soil are low, or they could be a hybrid and, therefore, the genetics sometimes revert in successive bloomings. I don't know if that's the terminology others would use, but that's what I've seen happen in a few. This year is wierd for roses here too. My deep red burgundy rose that has always bloomed the same color bloomed a fuscia color this year and my show your stripes bloomed with reversed colors. Several others seem like they are not happy and haven't bloomed at all because of the long winter going into a very hot sudden summer. I have no idea why. It could be a temperature, or seasonal thing because of the long winter & heat. Its just strange. Your rose looks reversed in the second picture like the red & yellow flipped their blushed expression. Maybe that is due to soil ph, or some other slight difference in the gardens this year. Its curious though.

Ask a Question