Sun-rooms

Reaction score
I would absolutely love to have a sunroom. The closest I've come to having one was a screened-in porch in an apartment I lived in about 20 years ago, and I had a screened-in porch in the second home I purchased. The house I've lived in for the past 4 years does not have a sunroom or screened porch. One day I'm going to get that sunroom, hopefully in the near future..

Anyone have a sun-room they care to show? If not, post a nice picture of a sun-room like the one's below.

sunroom.jpg

sunroom2.jpg

Reaction score
I got a greenhouse I built myself, its small but I have a chair to sit and plant my seedling inside and soak up the sun. will try to get you a picture later... can't seem to upload my files right ....
I keep saying I'm going to purchase a greenhouse from Amazon, a small one, but it keeps slipping my mind .. that and a telescope..

Jed

Reaction score
I built a sun room but it never really got filled with plants. It's more a craft and music room with an area to just relax in.:)
I've taken over the floor space recently for my harvested garlic which is drying off before it's to be plaited.
Perhaps it's about time to redecorate and move some plants in? :rolleyes:

Reaction score
I would absolutely love to have a sunroom. The closest I've come to having one was a screened-in porch in an apartment I lived in about 20 years ago, and I had a screened-in porch in the second home I purchased. The house I've lived in for the past 4 years does not have a sunroom or screened porch. One day I'm going to get that sunroom, hopefully in the near future..

Anyone have a sun-room they care to show? If not, post a nice picture of a sun-room like the one's below.

sunroom.jpg

sunroom2.jpg
This does look so lovely... Nope not even a remote chance of having one in the near future...Though I would love to have one... I always sit at my kitchen window where it is nice and bright and sunny in the afternoon... I sit on my son's study table and work in the mornings as the morning sun fills their room...that is where I have my balcony garden.
Here is a room that look so beautiful
Sunroom-Potted-Plants.jpg

Another beautiful but simple sunroom
fall_sunroom-1.jpg

And one more.. aww.. they are so beautiful
IMG_9514.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
It's a wonderful thread:D I dream about having a sun-room! I would sit there all the time and I'd fill it with plants, sun-rooms are so beautiful!
I found two lovely pictures:

sunroom-conservatory.jpg

Sunroom.jpg

Reaction score
We have a conservatory. It is lovely in summer and I use it as an office and we also keep a few plants in there.

I also use it to start my seedlings on the window ledges that run all the way round. I am thinking of building a small greenhouse though.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I must have a room like these. I just must:D . It's such a great idea, it's like being at home and being in the garden at the same time, it's wonderful. I can't stop looking for new pictures, they're all so lovely:D . Look what I found:

winter-garden-design-ideas-4.jpeg

tropical-conservatory.jpg

Reaction score

I like this too Claudine.. it's very quaint, simple, love the bold, yet soft yellow, this would be a great place to read a book, to meditate, and just enjoy being human. Forget about the outside world and explore your consciousness. Have a nice conversation with your significant other, or one or two friends. This is a quiet place so I would not have too many people in this space at one time.

Reaction score
I must have a room like these. I just must:D . It's such a great idea, it's like being at home and being in the garden at the same time, it's wonderful. I can't stop looking for new pictures, they're all so lovely:D . Look what I found:

winter-garden-design-ideas-4.jpeg

My sentiments exactly! I also like the way you are saying, "I must have a room like this," because you are affirming the fact that it will happen. Affirmations are extremely powerful, I use them all the time and have for the past 20 years. I'm in the process of putting together a "Vision Board" that will include a beautiful sun room.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I like this too Claudine.. it's very quaint, simple, love the bold, yet soft yellow, this would be a great place to read a book, to meditate, and just enjoy being human. Forget about the outside world and explore your consciousness. Have a nice conversation with your significant other, or one or two friends. This is a quiet place so I would not have too many people in this space at one time.

I couldn't agree more, it's not a place where you want to be surrounded by too many people. It's perfect to enjoy your alone time or to sit and hug your loved one. I like the yellow too - it looks like sunny spots and it's so cheerful:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
My sentiments exactly! I also like the way you are saying, "I must have a room like this," because you are affirming the fact that it will happen. Affirmations are extremely powerful, I use them all the time and have for the past 20 years. I'm in the process of putting together a "Vision Board" that will include a beautiful sun room.

I think it's very important to be positive and to expect good things:D . This "Vision Board" is a lovely idea, if I was putting together one, I would include a sun room too:D

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I will use these photos also to go on my vision board. When I look at a place to live the one thing that I must see is my sun room, if I don't see it in my minds eye, it is not the right place for me. Thanks for these great photos.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
South Africa
I've got a tiny greenhouse which I can walk into, but there's no room for a chair inside it. I'd love a sun room or conservatory, but it's not likely I'll ever get one because when we move it will be to a smaller place than our current house.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I have one that is 20' X 20'. Sadly tho, it is on the north side of my house. It was really built to be a rec room, but is now my bedroom. It still gets quite a bit of light, just not direct is all. I have started seeds in the west facing windows with little problem.

Ask a Question