Suggestions please: Large Low Maintenance Bee Friendly Planters

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks!

My first post here. I grow some food crops each year but am generally new to aesthetic gardening. I can follow design rules but I'm not a natural born artist in any regard. I am tidying up my front garden and am about to begin building two matching heavy duty wood planters which will be painted black to match some of the house cladding. They will run the complete length of the house either side of the front door. I would like to set the planters up so they are very low maintenance (I work 7 days per week!). Simple but presentable is fine or more elaborate is fine. Either way low maintenance and preferably useful to bees.

Can anyone recommend plants that complement each other both in compatibility and look that meet that spec? Also, do planting patterns/maps exist? I haven't really seen much when I have looked but I could be using the wrong lingo!

Thank you very much for the assistance.

Matt

Ask a Question