Such diversity!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
11b
Country
United Kingdom
D'you know, one of the things I like best about this group is reading about the exotic things you are all able to row in your fruit and vegetable gardens across the world. Sitting here on a wet dreary UK Monday reading about harvests of lemons, figs, persimmons and even loofahs cannot fail to bring a smile to anyone's face.

Many years ago I belonged to a newsgroup (remember those?) for people who grew Brugmansias (not that I had much success with them in this climate and, at that time, nowhere to overwinter them) and one morning I was sitting in snowbound London reading about the humming birds in someone's yard and it made my day. I've never forgotten it!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Hello TobiWallis!:)
I love reading about exotic fruits and vegetables too. It's so interesting! Also, this forum is full of great ideas, I get inspired every time I visit it.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
It is fun to hear from people around the world on their activites and see their beautiful pictures. It makes you feel like you are their. I love to see the pictures of other peoples gardens, it gives me hope that some day I may have something as pretty as the pictures posted on the forum. I like being in a group with so many different cultures willing to share their knowledge.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I think that is one of the cool things about this forum...people from all over the globe. ;)

Reaction score
It's wonderful what a simple forum can do for us. I love to see people's new plants throughout the season. I particularly enjoy hearing stories that involve more than just gardening, but memories in the process. :) I love to read all of your stories and see your gardens blossom.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
I actually enjoy looking at the pictures of the harvests although I sometimes feel envy. It is like seeing a neighbor with the harvest of fruits and vegetables and the only difference is that the neighbor couldn't offer me some excess harvest. But on second thought, our real neighbors don't offer us any of their harvest, not even once did we experience although for our part, we always share our bananas, cassava crops and other garden produce.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
11b
Country
United Kingdom
"We always share our bananas…" what a lovely almost throw-away line! It's a filthy, wet, muggy, grey autumn Sunday here in the UK and the thought of someone having a banana crop to share has put a huge smile on my face. Thank you for sharing them virtually!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
On this forum its always warm and sunny some wheres and on a cold winter New England day it just makes me feel good. I enjoy reading the post from all over the world and love the picture of a bright sunny garden.

Ask a Question