Stromanthe Triostar leafs curling

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi,

I have my Stromanthe Triostar for 3 months now and it was doing good so far. I water it when it's dry which is usually once a week. I was out and someone else watered it once 2 weeks ago. Also about a week ago I transferred it to a new pot with the same soil just added a bit more.

In the last few days the curling has gone really bad and I'm not sure how can I save him before it's too late :)

Any advice is greatly appreciated

Thank you
Adi

Attachments

• PXL_20241022_002006525.jpg
    PXL_20241022_002006525.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 4
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
If the soil is moist, there isn't much else you can do. Don't let it sit in water, they can't stand really wet soil. If you can raise the humidity it will help. The only way to really raise the humidity is with a humidifier. The other 'hacks' like trays and misting only raise it a little or very temporarily.

Reaction score
Country
Sri Lanka
It sounds like your Stromanthe Triostar is experiencing curling leaves due to overwatering and insufficient light conditions, both of which can significantly impact its health. Overwatering is a common issue, especially if someone else watered the plant while you were away. Stromanthe prefers its soil to remain consistently moist, but it can suffer if it becomes overly saturated. When the soil is too wet, it can lead to root rot, which stresses the plant and manifests as curling leaves. To prevent this, ensure that you check the moisture level of the soil regularly. If the top inch feels dry, it’s time to water. However, if it’s still moist, hold off until it dries out to avoid further stress.

Light conditions also play a crucial role in the well-being of your Stromanthe Triostar. This plant thrives in bright, indirect light; inadequate light can lead to curling leaves as the plant struggles to photosynthesize effectively. Conversely, too much direct sunlight can scorch the leaves, causing similar issues. It’s essential to place your plant in a location where it receives ample bright light without being exposed to harsh sun rays. A north or east-facing window often provides the ideal environment, offering enough light while protecting the leaves from potential sunburn.

After making these adjustments, monitor your plant closely for signs of recovery. It may take some time for the Stromanthe to bounce back, so patience is key. By addressing overwatering and ensuring it receives the right amount of light, you should see improvement in your plant’s health.

Ask a Question