Strawberrie Plants

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Scotland dont know zone
Country
United Kingdom
I have emptied my wall planted and tied to getter and sat them on top of my washing machine drum and filled with pots of strawberrie plants

jsmyyv.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
They look really pretty:)
I love strawberry plants, the're so cute and they bear delicious fruits. Maybe next year I'll start growing them indoors.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Scotland dont know zone
Country
United Kingdom
Better to grow outdoors Claudine unless you have a greenhouse or polytunnel
Not sure how theŷ would grow indoors as they also need ventilation.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
I envy you. I cannot plant strawberries where I live because it is too hot here. To get strawberries, I need to buy them at the grocery. Aside from being too expensive, they are no longer fresh, too. I wish I can plant them. :(

Reaction score
I envy you. I cannot plant strawberries where I live because it is too hot here. To get strawberries, I need to buy them at the grocery. Aside from being too expensive, they are no longer fresh, too. I wish I can plant them. :(

In that case - here is some good news - there is no reason why you can't grow strawberries where you are - as we grow strawberries very successfully where I live and our summer temperatures are often around the 48C mark - the only difference is - that in a hot climate - you need to plant the strawberry plants in the autumn rather than the spring - as that way they have a chance to become established before having to deal with the intense heat :)

Reaction score
Fresh strawberries from the garden. I miss them so much. I really need to plant some strawberries for us to enjoy. Growing up we had a strawberry patch that was as wide as a school bus and about twice as long. I hated picking and picking those strawberries back then. But when I got old enough to have to buy them at the store I learned appreciate the work. The ones from the store are so expensive and don't taste near as good.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I transplanted 5 strawberry plants last fall and this year they have flourished! I didn't realize though that it is recommended to pick the flower buds the first year and then let the strawberries grow the next year for better harvest. I will be expecting more strawberries next spring!

Reaction score
My mom used to take the tiller to the strawberry beds every few years. She would go down a row and leave the next row alone so they would grow over. So there would be stripes of tilled, untilled, tilled, untilled. This was the easy way to replenish her large garden.

Ask a Question