Storing Rabbit Guards

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey'yall, i'm sharing this here because it worked out so well, someone else might find this useful too.

So here in massachusetts, we are a full blown rabbit infestation. They are everywhere and eat everything, including the sunflowers I try to go revery year. I tried putting screens around them but it didn't work. So after the last time they went to town, I made taller screen. About 20" tall. And it worked, none of my sunflowers got eaten. But now what to do? These screens take up a ton of space. So here's what I did:

Most of them are made of a base cylinder and then an 'extension', so I just twisted wire around those to turn them in to one piece.

THEN instead of using wire to tie the flat pieces into cylinders, I bought a box of these little binder rings:

This makes it easier to turn them into cylinder, and easier to 'undo' them at the end of the year so you can put them away. ALSO the rings are a perfect place to stick the stakes I use to hold these in place.

But here's where I feel like a genius, when I undo the clips, I leave them on one side. Then I use those same hooks to hang them up for the winter. I already have tons of pegboard in my basement. So I bought three longer straight rod hooks, for about $1.50 each, and i hook the rings on the hooks and now I have an easy way to store them all.

They don't hang flat, which is why I clamped a little tool on the end so it can weigh it down over time.

I know, I didn't exactly cure cancer here, but I was happy with the result. Someone else might find this useful....

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    331.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    333.3 KB · Views: 1

Ask a Question