Sprayers & Concentrates Question...

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've got the Ortho Dial-N-Spray hose-end sprayer.

Using concentrated products (Bug B-gon and Weed B-gone), the product says to use, for instance, 3 Tbs per gallon. Now, I know that if I were using a pump sprayer that would be a simple mixing however, I'm puzzled about what that means for the Dial-N-Spray. That sprayer has a small reservoir which has oz. ml marks on it but of course, it can't hold gallon.

And then, the instructions on the concentrate container say to simply put the desired amount into the sprayer and set the flow rate to 1.5 oz. Well, shoot, what's the desired rate if all they tell me is a per gallon amount?

How the hell much should I be putting in that little hose end sprayer?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
What does the markings on the dial indicator say? Got a picture of it?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Put as much as you want. The mixing occurs at the hose attachment, not in the jar. The dial sets the aperture of the opening above the siphon tube. When you are done, the extra concentrate can go right back in the original container. Usually you can see a hole next to the setting that shows how big the aperture is for that setting.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Put as much as you want. The mixing occurs at the hose attachment, not in the jar. The dial sets the aperture of the opening above the siphon tube. When you are done, the extra concentrate can go right back in the original container. Usually you can see a hole next to the setting that shows how big the aperture is for that setting.
Hmm... Well, there dial that I'm referring to is not the aperture of the opening that determines the spray pattern but rather the dial that determines the mix rate.

I'm just puzzled by the concentrate's directions regarding the amount per gallon and how that meshes with the amount I put in the sprayer. Maybe there is no relationship.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States

"Off" tsp and oz settings. As I said, the concentrate container says to set the dial to 1.5 oz but that's not the question. It's not clear to me how much of the product to put in the sprayer's reservoir.
:unsure: If you set it on 1.5 oz per gallon of water then that is what should be coming out of the end of the sprayer. Doesn't matter how much you put in the reservoir.

If you want to understand how it works, take one of these apart and study it.
iu

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
texassodanddrainage

Latest Threads