Spray adventitious roots with nutrients

Reaction score
Country
United States
Can it be done? Growing san marzzno tomatoes in a tent, 8 plants, only 5 gallon buckets. Think they are running out of space. Thinking some kinda manual airponic hybrid setup.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I grow tomatoes in buckets about that size. Moneymaker, Ailsi Craig, and RAF, I limit them to four trusses and they are fine. I give them a good dose of manure in the hole when I put them in, and this year I put four or five inches of wood in the bottom of the bucket.
I have heard it said that those roots are for support, so it is not worth planting deeply or earthing them up. I really don't know if it is true.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I grow tomatoes in buckets about that size. Moneymaker, Ailsi Craig, and RAF, I limit them to four trusses and they are fine. I give them a good dose of manure in the hole when I put them in, and this year I put four or five inches of wood in the bottom of the bucket.
I have heard it said that those roots are for support, so it is not worth planting deeply or earthing them up. I really don't know if it is true.
Doesn't sound right, pretty sure they work like normal roots when they touch dirt or water. Probably would work at least as good as a typical foliar spray if not better. But just toying with ideas.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I agree, can't see why it can't support and work like any other root, it is just what I was told.

Ask a Question